Add offline area- failing or stopping around 30%

03-21-2019 08:28 AM
AaronWorthley1
Occasional Contributor II

I've been trying all morning to take an Arcgis Online map offline for use in Collector. I've simplified the map way down to just the standard Topo vector basemap and a couple of hosted feature layers for a small area. No matter what I try the download goes slowly for the first third or so of the progress ring, then just hangs there. I was supposed to be out in the field with this several hours ago. I'm trying to download a small area, only about 20 acres, and I've tried various detail settings.

I finally had one attempt appear to finish, but then the map area wouldn't open, and if I hit "sync" it would fail.

Any tips on getting working- this has worked fine in the past.

5 Replies
JayCummins
New Contributor III

I am running into the same issue. Did you every find a resolution?

ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aaron, Jay, 

Which version of Collector are you using and on which platform? Did any of the downloads eventually fail?

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
AaronWorthley1

I eventually gave up and came back to it several hours later and it worked. I haven't had the issue repeat since. Server glitch perhaps? A major hassle to randomly not be able to do your work. This was using the latest version of Collector on iOS. The downloads didn't fail, just hung around 30% with no additional movement.

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Good to know you got it working. I checked the status page for that day and did not see any interruptions, but it certainly does sound like some type of network issue. I you have not already, you may want to consider creating Offline Areas in ArcGIS Online ahead of time so the basemap and data are prepackaged; this cuts down greatly on download times. 

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
AaronWorthley1

Yea, I had tried that. I don't recall now if that failed while trying to create the package, or during download, but either way I wasn't able to make that work.

0 Kudos