Collector: Confirmation on create or change point/attribute

07-22-2016 07:34 AM
Thiago_GiuseppeGrasso
New Contributor II

This is my issue about the point specifically and its attributes. When a form is opened and for some reason we touch in random area outside the menu, our georeferenced point is instantly moved, without any confirmation. And this happens when we create an point.

My suggestion is to create a generic confirmation when create or a change been done in a point/attribute.

3 Comments
ScottPrindle

Hello Thiago Giuseppe Grasso​,

Thank you for submitting this idea. Could you provide a little more context on this confirmation? Do you want some confirmation that you're changing the geometry of an already placed point, or confirmation that any change has been made (geometry or attribution)? Could you share more information on your workflow and how this confirmation message would fit into it?

Thanks,

Scott

Thiago_GiuseppeGrasso

Hello Scott,

Sure. In the company that I work, we are doing georeferencing of trees (points and some attributes linked with each one). When we touch to create a point (tree) or we need to modify an existing one, we accidentally can touch a place on map and move this point or create one. If a confirmation context could be added to those actions, we could improve our reliability.

Thinking about the workflow on creation could be:

"click on map" > "Do you wanna create a point? - Yes-No"

If Yes - follow the current creation worflow

If No - Do nothing

The message could appear in middle of screen before open the form on creation an could hide the form and show the question if someone try to move a point.

It's an inicial idea about, but I'm pretty sure that can improve a lot the app.

Very thanks for your attention,

Thiago

GeorgieCassar

Our field staff are always moving points accidentally.  A confirmation would prevent them from doing this.