Auto Increment ID Field for ArcGIS Collector with customized behavior

03-24-2017 03:31 PM
AntonSizo_
New Contributor III

It would be nice to have  auto Increment ID fields for ArcGIS Collector with customized behavior. For example, I need a filed which will automatically generate a unique ID for a new sample taken based on some rules, e.g. <Year><Surveyor Initials><Code Word><Int number>.

Tags (2)
31 Comments
PhuNguyen

Pls support soon. I have same problem. Thanks./.

AndrewWillingale

I also require this for some projects I am about to be running. Please can we have some timescales regarding what happens next with this idea now that it has been reviewed by ESRI. Thanks.

DeborahLee1

Will this work auto increment ID rule work with attribute assistant in ArcMap as we're not fully functional in ArcPro yet?

KorySteele

Although I would take full advantage of automatically created unique ID, I would be happy right now with a simple sequential numbering system that isn't the Object ID.

IvanKozoletov1

same here

DeorajRamsaran4

We are also looking for something like this for our lift stations and meters

rubiales

also needing this functionality in Collector badly

GillianHorner

Hi, oh dear, it sounds like many people are waiting for the functionality that I'm looking for.  We are using Collector on mobile phones to audit some existing data and add new features where they are missing.  When a new feature is added it needs a new unique reference number which would be a combination of letters and sequential numbers.  Something like e.g. BOL_2734, BOL_2735, BOL_2736.  The global ID and object IDs are unsuitable.  We will probably also need to set up relationships between this dataset and another using the reference as a key.

I'd be very grateful for any pointers 🙂

DeorajRamsaran4

Hello all,

I may have come up with a work around. Now while.it doesn't add a new number every time I add some new assets. I am using a python code to auto Increment in the calculate field window in attributes. I add the the letters then concatenate the auto Incremented numbers together. For no w it works once we have attribute rules in AGOL I will have a more permanent option.      At the end the number looks something like this ,

PPSMH0000075

PP - my city

SMH - sewer man hole

00000075 is the number of the manhole cover. I have it set so the number increases from right to left. It can be done but just in pieces. 

e_cat
by

We are also really needing this, i see the status is still open however. Is this being looked into?