Ability to download basemaps on Collector

11-20-2014 10:51 AM
RachelWilliams
New Contributor II

It would be helpful to be able to download ESRI basemaps without having a downloadable map on ArcGIS Online. For instance, if I map a map and download it to collect, but want to use a different basemap that's currently not on the device, I have to make a new map with the basemap I want and download it. It would be great to be able to chose to download just the basemap from ArcGIS Online without going through the extra steps.

1 Comment
DanielleKulas
I am also curious about this. Right now we have two versions of the same data collection map, one with imagery basemap and one with topo basemap, because when you go to download a portion of the map to your device, the only option to choose from is the basemap already saved in that particular webmap (except the portions of basemaps already cached to your device but those aren't relevant if you need a new area). Members of our program use this map but have varying needs and preferences regarding basemaps. Instead of managing two versions of the same map is there a better way to handle this situation? It would be really helpful if a future version of Collector could have more flexibility in basemap selection when caching to the device.