Strange ItemID Behavior When Launching Survey123 From Feature Popup In Collector

08-14-2020 10:09 PM
MachielVan
New Contributor III
0 2 1,630

I published a survey to my organization's ArcGIS Online portal, then configured a custom popup in an associated web map to launch the survey from the popup of a polygon feature class. 

At first, I used the ItemID supplied by the REST endpoint, but that caused an "Unpacking Error" in the field app at first, then it failed to find the survey and returned a message regarding the ItemID being unknown. 

When I checked the Survey123 webapp Collaborate section for the auto-generated Share url, I noticed the ItemID associated with the survey was completely different from the one supplied by the REST endpoint. Is this normal? 

The good thing about this dynamic is that the share url seems to remain constant even if the survey is deleted and republished, so the launch-from-popup functionality is preserved. 

I just think it's odd that the ItemID in the share url differs from the REST endpoint, and if that's the case, how are the two ID's related??

-MV

2 Comments