WebScene with "original" size texture fails to load

11-03-2013 10:55 PM
JussiViinikka1
New Contributor
Hey,

I´m trying to create a webscene of a rather large geographic area and anything less than "original size" for the satellitephoto which works as the terrain texture is too low quality. However when I try to open a webscene created with the original size texture the scene fails to load and gives me this instead:

46ms: GL detect: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) More
46ms: Loading scene file : /Sibbesborg/models/webscene/sibbe_hires.3ws
60ms: Fallback to custom unzip on arraybuffer and custom streamParser
1250ms: Downloading: 100% (9.79 of 9.79 MB)
1259ms: Requested gzipped data, got gzipped data
1260ms: Using custom unzip and streamparser on arraybuffer
14814ms: Reading: 99% (41.53 of 42.16 MB)
14875ms: Invalid Web Scene data clarinet parser error in /Sibbesborg/models/webscene/sibbe_hires.3ws: Error: Malformed object key should start with " Line: 296824 Column: 2 Char: }
14876ms: Invalid Web Scene data clarinet parser error in /Sibbesborg/models/webscene/sibbe_hires.3ws: Error: Malformed object key should start with " Line: 296825 Column: 1 Char: ,

Any idea whats wrong and how to fix it? The size of the WebScene itself seems reasonable so I dont think thats an issue. Just it seems to get corrupted somehow.

-Jussi
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JussiViinikka1
New Contributor
Its 4000x8000 JPG.

However, I also tried downscaling it to 1000x2000. The result is the same. Doesnt work with "original size" regardless of the offset values.

-Jussi
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
how big is your 3ws file ?

anything bigger than 80 MB unzipped may crash your browser ..

please break your scene down in individual components / layers / .. to track down which precise object causes the issue.

if it's the terrain for example, try playing with it's UV-subdivisions.

if you have found a single layer or model that causes the issue, it's much easier to explain what the issue is.. ok ?

m.
0 Kudos