web viewer control

05-08-2014 03:26 AM
johnbrosowsky
Occasional Contributor II
Is there any way to control the web viewer programmatically? For example to have the web scene zoom to an X,Y,Z coordinate and show a marker symbol?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi ,

Did you try to use a Bookmarks?

Lukasz
0 Kudos
johnbrosowsky
Bookmarks enable a human user to click on a list item to zoom the web scene to a particular location that has been pre-set.  My use case is to programmatically change the location, and add a marker, based on programmatic input to the web viewer in real time - for example, 3D location of a moving object being tracked inside a building in real time.

I think CE web viewer is not programmable in this manner, correct?  Do you know if 3D support in the upcoming ArcGIS javascript API will support CE web scenes? 

If not or in the mean time, my next best option is exporting city engine scenes to collada, and using three.js to program a web client that will work for may app.  Unless there are better options?

Thanks a lot for the advice!
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hey John,

WebScenes will get an API (java script), but it's not yet ready. It'll take at least until Q3. We've had to postpone this further behind because of different reasons.

For now, there's no way to set these things programmatically.

You may try to dive into the code of the WebViewer CE installs, but this is not technically supported and at your own risk.

Matt
0 Kudos
johnbrosowsky
Regarding unsupported experimentation with the code for the CE web viewer - is it possible to get a non-obfuscated version of  http://www.arcgis.com/apps/CEWebViewer/js/dojo/dojo/dojo.js🙂
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
No, that is not published. Sry.
0 Kudos