Select to view content in your preferred language

Urban.rpk to CGA

08-29-2022 12:46 AM
KennethLindhardt1
Frequent Contributor

Hi, did anyone see the Urban.RPK as a CGA file? In unzip it only has cgb.

I will need to modify it for a project, to auto generate buildings from attributes.

Does it has any documentation?

I mean, what is needed for Urban to understand the CE models. As far as I understand, one should be able to create the mass models in CE and push them to ArcGIS Urban for existing buildings, those should then be able to go to the Urban dashboards. 

Is that correct? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Kenneth,

RPK files can include the CGA source code along with the binary version. For the Urban.RPK this is not possible, since the methods used are an essential component of the Urban app.

Please note, that only changes to the Model's parcel attributes in an Urban plan are saved back. In the Urban app, the plausible buildings need to be regenerated.
reapplyCurrentBuildingType.png

To create Existing buildings in CE, the recommended way is to export to fileGDB and publish in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
kelin84
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Thomas, 

but existing buildings won't then be a part of the calculations in the ArcGIS Urban dashboards, if they are published as a slpk from PRO, I want 100 km² of building footprints to be generated from the building height attribute, splitted in the approx floor height, added spaceusage to the building floors, depending on the geometry. I can do that in CE, how do I get that information to Urban? How do one calculate the exisitng content in the plan or area, which will be the biggest part of a city?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
kelin84
Occasional Contributor

Oh man, I'm the same Kenneth with 2 acounts 🙂 

0 Kudos