Tree rule

Jump to solution
11-21-2013 11:38 AM
DevonJenkins
Occasional Contributor
Does any one know if this tree rule is available?

Found at 1 minute in this ESRI video:
http://video.arcgis.com/watch/1760/3d-land-use-zoning

Thanks a million!
Devon
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi,

of course you can exchange the trees with different ones.

but that needs editing the CGA code, basically exchanging the assets and the paths to them.

otherwise, in CityEngine 2013, there's now a very nice tree library available that you may want to use.

concerning the building rule, the base is the 'GIS-driven-buildings' rule in the Philly example. But I think I've never seen the parcelling rule for that. please check tutorial 9 ( Mass Modeling ). there, you find all that you need to recreate it based on your own needs.

ok ?

matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
these trees can be found in the venice example.

not prefectly sure if that rule ever got released. the example demonstrated there, for the zoning, is philadelphia.

for distribution code, check this :
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/54152-Distributing-assets-on-a-surface

ok ?

matt
0 Kudos
DevonJenkins
Occasional Contributor
Thanks a million!
0 Kudos
DevonJenkins
Occasional Contributor
Hey there,

2 questions:

First with that distribution code can i substitute the Venice trees for the standard ones? Or substitute the Venice trees for single point rules, like say other tree rules or street furniture rules?

And secondly the housing rule, not the zoning polygon the actual textured standard lot houses found in that video (1 min in). Is that rule available somewhere?

Best,
Devon
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi,

of course you can exchange the trees with different ones.

but that needs editing the CGA code, basically exchanging the assets and the paths to them.

otherwise, in CityEngine 2013, there's now a very nice tree library available that you may want to use.

concerning the building rule, the base is the 'GIS-driven-buildings' rule in the Philly example. But I think I've never seen the parcelling rule for that. please check tutorial 9 ( Mass Modeling ). there, you find all that you need to recreate it based on your own needs.

ok ?

matt
0 Kudos
DevonJenkins
Occasional Contributor
You never disappoint Matt!

Thanks 🙂

Take care.
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
I'll put that on my business card .. 😉