Street Networks and Parcel Management

Jump to solution
05-16-2013 07:20 AM
DevonJenkins
Occasional Contributor
Hello Everyone,

I'm using cityengine for city planning to show proposals of developement/re-developments. My question pertains to importing street data and parcels. I understand you can import streets and parcels separetely or generate them yourself. My problem here is if I have import exact parcels and want to see the effects of widening a road, the imported parcels are not connected to the roads the way they would be if you manually created a polygon with streets.

Is it possible to create road networks based on the accurate parcels? OR alternatively create the street network myself and attach them? See the attached photo..... in this example the roads are traced. If i were to change the width by adding new lanes there is no effect on the parcels.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24376[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance,
Devon
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi Devon,

there's no connection possible between static (imported) footprints and dynamic streets.

but you can use the 'dynamic city layouts' system, to create blocks, then set the block subdivision type to 'skeleton subdivision' to get similar results to what data you imported.

ok ?

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi Devon,

there's no connection possible between static (imported) footprints and dynamic streets.

but you can use the 'dynamic city layouts' system, to create blocks, then set the block subdivision type to 'skeleton subdivision' to get similar results to what data you imported.

ok ?

Matt
0 Kudos
DevonJenkins
Occasional Contributor
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick resposne. Ok I understand, is it possible to manually edit these dynamic parcels with the "polygon shape creation" tool much like you would edit a satic one?

Best,
Devon
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi,

no, to edit those with the polygonal shape creation tool ( as in tutorial 14 ), you need to convert the dynamic shapes first to static shapes. ( right mouse click > convert to static shapes )

m.
0 Kudos
DevonJenkins
Occasional Contributor
Okay thanks Matt.
0 Kudos