Reports and attributes

08-15-2016 03:50 PM
timrobinson
New Contributor III

I currently use reporting extensively, typically with several sub-categories under each type of report. This usually features the "." separator in the report line title to identify individual attributed and also sum them (eg GFA as in the tutorials). 

What I would also like to do is to use attributes or constants to identify "nested", multiple categories and then to include the attribute/constant in the report line title.

The former currently requires huge swathes of repetitive nested "case" arguments - I'd love to use a more concise route if possible. Am I missing something? 

The latter does not currently seem possible - or can anyone show me how? I'm looking for something resembling "attribute1.attribute2.attribute3" for a report line title as an outcome ideally. 

It also appears that only one "." division can be used to isolate individual subcategories and roll up totals. It would be great to hear that's something that could be changed. 

Any input much appreciated!

Tim

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, multiple levels of sub-reports is not possible.  You can write reports such as "A.B.C", but only the first period will be considered in making the sub-reports.  This means, that the parent report will be "A", and the sub-report will be "B.C".  Then, aggregation would happen only for A.* since only one level of sub-reports can be created.

0 Kudos