Redlands / Urban Planning Toolkit rules in 2013

01-02-2014 05:06 AM
ChristopherZoog
New Contributor II
Happy New Year All,

I am developing urban planning rule sets here for our Planning group to use, and I planned on modifying the redlands rulesets, which i think I've heard referred to by esri marketing guys as the urban planning tool kit.  Anyway, these rules work great in 2012, but not so much in 2013.  The bone stock 2012 rules won't make facades, well the windows anyway, the thematics are busted, will not show usage on the buildings, planting along the streets also fails.  No errors are thrown in the log, which makes it frustrating.  See image.

I guess i could take the time to debug these rules, but I was wandering if anyone at esri is planning to release a 2013 version of these rules.

Thanks,
Chris

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30180[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlanKlys
Occasional Contributor
Happy New Year folks ...

Yeah I can confirm all that Chris.

I have used and adapted the Redlands rules for some of my work so it would be great to know if there's any plan on updating these to work in 2013.  I have tested them in 2013 and can confirm pretty much what you've written.  Volumes are fine but nothing else gets generated.  Streets seem fine but some aspects need attention & manual fixes - understandable since the street code has been updated. The non existent log errors make this even more puzzling?

Surely it would be worthwhile to make these 2013 compatible as it makes me hesitant to upgrade to 2013.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

We have posted a 2013 version of the Redlands project here:
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ebbdb2fd0403493caac729a20d126166

Fixes were CGA Import statements, that were causing most problems with model generation, and some new street shapes we're handled.

As for the future, we will be gradually (throughout 2014) upgrading, replacing, reworking, and simplifying parts of that example as standalone projects. (projects for Streets, Landscape, Zoning, etc).

Please let us know if you encounter bugs that fall into the "show-stopper" category, but otherwise we will wait for upcoming releases to fix smaller ones. Feel free to hack these rules and post your upgrades if you have something cool.

Chris
Esri Redlands
0 Kudos
AlanKlys
Occasional Contributor
Hi there Chris,

Thank you a whole bunch for the fix and for the quick and informative reply.  Greatly appreciated.  These are fantastic rules to study and understand and I really look forward to the other examples you have planned.  Happy 2014!

Alan K.
0 Kudos
ChristopherZoog
New Contributor II
Thanks Chris, this is perfect!
0 Kudos