Plans to support CityEngine 2022 in Omniverse connector?

07-14-2022 07:29 AM
morgankohler
New Contributor

When trying to install the CityEngine Omniverse connector, I get an error message to make sure that CityEngine 2021.1 is installed. I am currently on a trial version of CityEngine and am evaluating both CityEngine and Omniverse for my organization and so cannot download 2021.1. Is there any fix for this or a plan to support CityEngine 2022?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
SimonHaegler
Esri Contributor

Hi Morgan,

thanks for your question and yes, of course, we will release Omniverse for 2022 as well. Might still take a few weeks... thanks for your patience.

Best,
Simon

0 Kudos
morgankohler
New Contributor

Hi Simon, thanks for responding. Is there any workaround for this currently? I am trying to export as obj or fbx and then import to Omniverse but the resulting scene is always blank. Not sure if I am just unfamiliar with Omniverse/CityEngine or if there is some problem.

0 Kudos
SimonHaegler
Esri Contributor

You should  be able to use our standard USD exporter, then you can upload these files to Nucleus and reference them in your Omniverse scenes.

0 Kudos
NourSoltani
New Contributor

Thank you for your Suggestions Mr Haegler.

I have found two problems in this approach; First when I export the USD, and then I try to view it using Omniverse view, I only find the buildings and the roads; but the land couldn't be shown( Is there any method to do so?)

Second, I think we cannot do live sync when we are doing that. Aren't we?

0 Kudos
SimonHaegler
Esri Contributor

The USD exporter is able to export terrain layers, you might need to select it in the Scene Editor. Also see the "Terrain Layers" export option.

0 Kudos
SimonHaegler
Esri Contributor

We finally released the Omniverse Connector 1.0.1 for CE 2022.0! 😇

It should appear automatically in the Omniverse Launcher app (exchange tab).

0 Kudos