Parking lot and private street

Jump to solution
06-05-2015 01:23 PM
BrianLomas
Occasional Contributor III

I new to city engine so I apologize if this is an "easy question". I what to create a complex parking area that has private streets running throughout. Are there any rules that can acomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BlakeHarcourt
New Contributor II

It's going to a bit tricky but here is what i did quickly:

1. Create a road network and turn off block generation. Apply your road rule.

2. Create/import polygons for the car parks. Apply a rule to texture them.

3. Then create/import polygons for the dividers and areas between the car parks and the road.Then apply a rule to them to extrude them and texture them.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BlakeHarcourt
New Contributor II

It's going to a bit tricky but here is what i did quickly:

1. Create a road network and turn off block generation. Apply your road rule.

2. Create/import polygons for the car parks. Apply a rule to texture them.

3. Then create/import polygons for the dividers and areas between the car parks and the road.Then apply a rule to them to extrude them and texture them.

Capture.PNG

BenLeslie1
Occasional Contributor III

I reckon you should be using the Sidewalk geometry as the parking spots.  Here's something very simple I knocked up in 2 mins - loads of potential to improve it....

attr valency = 3

attr type = "unknown"

attr spotWidth = 3

Sidewalk-->split(x){spotWidth:SplitGeom}*

SplitGeom-->

case valency < 3 || type == "unknown": NIL

else: ParkingSpot

Make sure you change valency and type to object defined attributes - have a look at these attributes in the objects hopefully you'll see what I'm getting at (I'm trying to exclude the bits of geometry that are too small/ too curved to be a parking spot) and be able to make improvements.  Also have a look as the 'Repeat Split' section in the help guide - you'll be able to make other improvements with that info.