parking garage

06-13-2015 02:58 PM
CurtBlondell
New Contributor II

I am trying to find a rule for creating a parking garage, multi-level showing cars and parking spaces, with a green space on top.

I have not found any complete rules, just partial ones (in previous discussions). I am familiar with adjusting existing rules, but

want to know if CE has instructions on how to create a parking garage start-to-finish, tutorial-style. Creating a parking garage with a

polygonal tool is a bit too time consuming. Thanks.

18 Replies
ElliotHartley
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have completed quite a specific multi-level car parking garage rule which has the potential for adaptation to what you require.  It really depends what you are looking for, visualisation, analysis or both?

Car_park_Rule.png

Feel free to drop me a direct message to discuss this further

Warm Regards

Elliot

Elliot Hartley
------------------

Garsdale Design Ltd
web: www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

profile: uk.linkedin.com/in/elliothartley
twitter:
twitter.com/elliothartley

CurtBlondell
New Contributor II

Thank you! This seems as though it will work.

Much appreciative!

0 Kudos
ElliotHartley
Occasional Contributor

You're welcome   As you can see from Blake's rule the concept is relatively simple, his takes a similar approach to mine, my one goes a bit further with reporting and testing of spaces as well as other things.  The difficulty with CityEngine is knowing when to stop adding customisation options...  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

My problem is that the real fun starts when you keep customizing with further details... and then the final steps are the Easter eggs.

BlakeHarcourt
New Contributor II

Hi Elliot,

Your model looks really nice as well !

Was just wondering, how did you test your car spaces just using minimum area ?

Also your top floor, is that a setback and then splitting to create the two middle parking areas ?

0 Kudos
huntersinclair
New Contributor II

Can I be pointed to a download for the parking garage rule?

I got the second one a few lines down that "needs work." but I cant find the first rule package Mr Harley referred to. 

Thanks so much guys

0 Kudos
JasonPietka1
New Contributor III

I can't see your parking garage rule file.  Is it no longer available?  Blake's is putting cars perpendicular to the parking spaces.

0 Kudos
BlakeHarcourt
New Contributor II

Here is a rule I wrote to create a multi-level car park.

It needs some work still but it could be a good starting point for you.

Capture.PNG

CurtBlondell
New Contributor II

This looks sensational. This is basically along the lines of what I was trying to do.

The concept of the rule is much clearer now. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos