New ArcGIS 360 VR with simple VR Headsets (e.g. Google Cardboard)

Jump to solution
08-10-2021 04:23 AM
KorbinianSKringer
New Contributor III

The new ArcGIS 360 VR is available as a web application based on the WebXR technology. I created a scene in CE 2021, exported it to 3VR and uploaded it to my ArcGIS Online Account. It works well to preview on a smartphone using Chrome. Also the motion sensors of the phone work quite well, but is there any possibility to open the 3VR experience in the Browser of my smartphone in "stereo vision" to use it with a slide-in VR headset (like Google Cardboard)...?

Thank you & best regards,

Korbi

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HasretGumgumcu
Esri Contributor

Hi Korbi,

It is nice to hear that you used our new ArcGIS 360 VR with your mobile device. Currently Google Cardboard and similar slide-in VR solutions are not supported. We are investigating future support, but at this point cannot confirm if and when this would be available. 

Best regards,

Hasret

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HasretGumgumcu
Esri Contributor

Hi Korbi,

It is nice to hear that you used our new ArcGIS 360 VR with your mobile device. Currently Google Cardboard and similar slide-in VR solutions are not supported. We are investigating future support, but at this point cannot confirm if and when this would be available. 

Best regards,

Hasret

KorbinianSKringer
New Contributor III

Hi Hasret,

thank you, it would be a nice and easy way for consuming those VR Scenes by a broader audience, e.g. for public information meetings on scenarios in urban planning...

BR, Korbi

0 Kudos