median strips, left turn lanes, driveways

11-10-2015 03:55 PM
RonenLasry
New Contributor

newbie CE user - I'm wondering how to create more complex street setups like:

median strips

driveways with cut curbs

left turn lanes

I'm using CE for an OSM based driving sim and would like to be able to more accurately represent the streets  I'm driving.

thanks!

ce_questions.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RonenLasry
New Contributor

another view of the type of left turn lane needed

left.png

0 Kudos
ZorkoSostaric1
Esri Contributor

For second example you may have to split the line and have different settings for the part with left turn lane. Did you check Complete Street Rule Update rule?

DavidWasserman
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Ronen,

The Complete Street Rule supports two-way left turn lanes and median planting strips, but at the moment does not support driveway cuts. This is something I have seen done before though by Micah Taylor​, he might have some thought to share on the subject.

David

David Wasserman, AICP
0 Kudos
DavidWasserman
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Ronen,

There is another way to make drive way entrances that look very similar to the real thing. What my friend Steve Rhyne​ has done in the past is draw really short segments along the main road way and give them 1 lane width street widths with no sidewalk/crosswalks, etc. While this does not make the ramped driveway, it does represent land access fairly well. Generally the easiest way to do this though is to use the Sidewalk Left and Right parameters and use some of the sloped roof functions to create a ramp cut. I will say though arranging this can be pretty difficult if you want to interact with other sidewalk components.

David

David Wasserman, AICP
0 Kudos