layer "opacity" undesirable after export FBX...

11-16-2012 01:16 AM
reitsined
New Contributor III
Hello,

I created a fairly large town with EC.
I export to FBX
After importing in 3dsmax geometries fit properly but all materials "facadesets" are polluted by a layer "opacity" undesirable.
What causes too many unsightly artifacts.
I can manually delete it in the material editor but as there are many (530), it is very unpleasant.
I can not find the solution to "export" without this layer "opacity" ...
Can you help me?

Thank you and good day

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !
Looking nice so far, your city.

I assume there's an issue with some transparencies which are remapped at the import into MAX.

Do you have transparent textures ( with alpha channels ) or are you using set(material.opacity, ..) ?

I'd try to first track the material settings alone down in a separate scene until you have a proper pipeline.

On a full dataset, it's tricky to track this down.

Let me know if you find a specific issue !

Matt
0 Kudos
reitsined
New Contributor III
Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
The textures are those assigned by default "rule" "Example 2011_2 Paris" and "Modern_street_2011_2" without modification; mainly "facade" and "asphalt" ....
I never asked any transparency voluntarily ... but may be I made �??�??a wrong manipulation without realizing ... and I can not fix it.
Thank you for your attention
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

Maybe try the .3ds file format export or .obj .. It may give you better results as a start to track this further down.

Let me know ..
0 Kudos
reitsined
New Contributor III
hello,

The export / import in "obj" is the same. Always this "layer" undesirable opacity ...

This gives a crude rendering like this:

Instead of one in which I manually deleted all opacities not too far (I probably forgot a few):

This is very painful and inconvenient
I am sure there is a simple solution that I can not put in place.

Thank you and good day

PS: Perhaps for help, this is the view of CE

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

All 3D applications use slightly different material systems, so there's sadly no standard concerning this. There's always a headache with this. E.g. if you import those file into an other 3D app, they may look fine.. 😞

Honestly, I'd try to create a script which gets rid of all those transparencies in 1 step after import. Takes some time to develop, but this will also help creating a proper pipeline.

Matt
0 Kudos
reitsined
New Contributor III
Hi,

If you could write this script that removes all transparency effects, that would be great ...
I thank you in advance ...
Have a nice evening
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
I would if I could .. I'm not a 3DSMax user .. 😞

But there's tons of them around, so I recommend to ask e.g. on AutoDesk's 'Area'.

Sorry to be no help here in this specific task.

Matt
0 Kudos
reitsined
New Contributor III
I found a solution that what it is worth:

1 / Exports "obj" from CE ...
2 / Conversion "FBX" with "Autodesk FBX Converter 2012"...
3 / Import "FBX" in 3dsmax ...

and miraculously, the "transparency" inoportunes disappeared ..!

Thank you and good weekend
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Cool !

Great to hear .. Thanks for sharing !

Matt
0 Kudos