Is there a way to add animations to City Engine( or somehow intro CE Web Viewer) ?

09-09-2014 07:16 AM
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I would like to add animations to some streets in CE

For example: for some streets to add some 3D arrows over them that indicates the direction and also be colorful and spark?

Thanks !!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hi!

CityEngine has no animation features. But what you can do is the following, in a WebScene:

Create bookmarks (the star button above the viewport). The bookmarks then are exported to the WebViewer. In the Webviewer, you get a play button (with screenshots) that animates between these camera positions. Play with this, ok ?

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

-----------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited
matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Well I knew about that type of animations, practically the transition between bookmarks ( works also with ArcScene); what I really meant was like having some streets that glows to indicate something ( for example think that I have some evacuation routes from a city and I want that those routes which are practically some parts from streets to be different from the other/ to indicate something, to have some arrows to indicate the directions and so on..)

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler

Hey !

I see.

Well, you can do arrows and such as geometry of course, but it'll all be static. And there's no specific FX such as glow, sparkle or shine..

For this, you'll need to export to an other tool, e.g. Unity or to render images with those effects.

Ok ?

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

-----------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

I understand. But the thing is that the final product, practically the result has to be in CE Web Viewer, so here is my next question : for example, can I export the scene intro Unity or Lumion, add the FX and after that to import back again to CE and after to CE Web Viewer and still have the FX?

As I said: the result has to be in CityEngine Web Viewer and I was wondering if I could have some FX in the scene?

Thank you !

Ionut

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler

Hi,

Sorry, missed that part. No, the effects do not come over.

Then I'd create e.g. one or more layers with bright red and/or transparent arrows, .. to indicate your information. But the geometries will be static.

E.g. you could create .dae or .obj elements and place them in the scene as static objects.

Ok ?

matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

--------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

+44 (0) 15396 20875

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae