Is it possible to add the sidewalkRightWidth and sidewalkLeftWidth from the streetShape to the CGA rule of the adjacent Lot?

10-03-2017 03:48 AM
AbeleGiandoso
Occasional Contributor

Hi Esri people,

Is it possible to "plug" the sidewalkRightWidth and sidewalkLeftWidth from the street in the CGA rule of the adjacent Lot?

Similarly to what it is done with the attribute

attr streetWidth(i)= 0

where i is 0

If I understand correctly these 2 measures are not included in the StreetWidth attribute, so to know the exact Width of a road in front of a Lot one should have both the StreetWidth and the sidewalkWidthLeft and sidewalkWidthRight available.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry, sadly, no, it is not possible to access sidewalkWidthLeft and sidewalkWidthRight similar to how you would access the street width (as above).  The sidewalk widths are stored in the street segments and the street shapes, and the sidewalk attributes do not get transferred to the dynamic lot shapes like the street width does.

Yes, the street width is only for the street part and does not include the sidewalk.  I do understand your use case and that it would be nice to know how wide the street is including the sidewalks, but unfortunately, I don't know how to get that info.

AbeleGiandoso
Occasional Contributor

I understand  thanks for the information!

Provided that I know nothing about Python, would it be possible to use it to work around this issue? I could try to learn it in case

Thanks again

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

No, I can't think of a way to do this in Python either, unfortunately.  Sorry.  (But, that's not to say that a workaround absolutely doesn't exist.)

AbeleGiandoso
Occasional Contributor

Would be a great and useful improvement to be able to know the full size of the street and not only the center portion

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, I agree.  That would be a useful feature, and we're talking about it now.  Thanks for the input.