I remember CityEngine generating residential house footprints....now it doesn't?

10-25-2018 04:48 AM
JasonPietka1
New Contributor III

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
23 Replies
JasonPietka1
New Contributor III

Here is my map data window.  All the residential foot prints in this area are not getting captured.

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

When I try those exact bounds, I am able to get building footprints (shown in blue), and they match the available data on OpenStreetMap, so I don't think I'm missing any footprints.  Do you not get the footprints in blue below?

Here's what's available on OpenStreetMap (building footprints are dark gray):

0 Kudos
JasonPietka1
New Contributor III

In your images you are not getting the residential home shapes.  That site SEMCOG is nfreaking awesome.  I got the shape files for residential homes from there.

CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Get Map Data downloads what is available in OpenStreetMap.  If it doesn't exist in OpenStreetMap, then it won't exist through Get Map Data either.  These footprints don't exist in OpenStreetMap as indicated by the second image I posted.

0 Kudos
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

Check SEMCOG's website. They have implemented an Open Data portal with tons of GIS Data include building footprints.

0 Kudos
JasonPietka1
New Contributor III

Who is SEMCOG?

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

The Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG) supports local planning through its technical, data, and intergovernmental resources. The work SEMCOG does improves the quality of the region's water, makes the transportation system safer and more efficient, revitalizes communities, and spurs economic development.

About SEMCOG 

0 Kudos
JasonPietka1
New Contributor III

How do I download an OSM file form SEMCOG?

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
JasonPietka1
New Contributor III

OMG AWESOME

Is this common knowledge!?