How to upgrade to CityEngine 2020

Jump to solution
10-08-2020 10:30 AM
Suzanne
New Contributor III

I'm trying to upgrade to City Engine 2020.  In My Esri it says under maintenance status that I have ArcGIS City Engine Single use for Windows Perpetual License version 2020.0. When I go to download, only Esri CityEngine 2019.1 is listed as an available download.  I am probably just missing a step, but if anyone know, I would really appreciate it! I've been waiting for help from customer care, but haven't heard back. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suzanne
New Contributor III

Update:  I filled out the survey that technical support gave me, stating what had happened and that in the end the technical support person had to update me because customer service didn't let me know that they had fixed it--and that I appreciated the effort on their part. I actually received a follow-up call from tech support wanting more details. So my advice is to fill out the survey they send, because they actually read them:)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Suzanne
New Contributor III

And here's an update to anyone that says to contact technical  support.  I contact both my "customer service" rep and technical support.  The guy from technical support said it is in the customer service domain, while the customer service rep tells me it is a technical support question.  Is there a third option????? I have spoken to both on the phone and sent emails and now I don't know what to do--anyone have an idea? Of course this is a time crunch project.

0 Kudos
BernardBroulot
New Contributor

It's totally incredible for me that no one answer to that. Why is it so complicated to update a software ??????

0 Kudos
SuzanneWade1
New Contributor II

I know right??  The technical support guy was pretty helpful in the end.  I knew is was more of a Customer Service thing and had talked to (and emailed) the customer  service rep--but the tech support guy took the time to talk to another customer service person because it had to be added to My ESRI. I think it should have been apparent when my licensing said I had paid for CityEngine2020, yet only had CityEngine2019 available. In the end, the Tech support guy emailed and said it looked like my customer rep pushed it through on her end, yet she never had the courtesy to inform me.

0 Kudos
BernardBroulot
New Contributor

Yes. Because you answer quicker than the customer service. Do you have a problem when you search address in Get map data ?

It's not working for me since a few days, without any reason.

0 Kudos
SuzanneWade1
New Contributor II

I've been using a project that I have all the data lately--but when I get back later today, I'll give it a try and let you know

0 Kudos
SuzanneWade1
New Contributor II

So I usually don't search for addresses--but I just tried in the area I am working with "get data" and it says no results found --is that what you are getting?

0 Kudos
Suzanne
New Contributor III

Update:  I filled out the survey that technical support gave me, stating what had happened and that in the end the technical support person had to update me because customer service didn't let me know that they had fixed it--and that I appreciated the effort on their part. I actually received a follow-up call from tech support wanting more details. So my advice is to fill out the survey they send, because they actually read them:)

0 Kudos