Jump to solution
08-18-2012 09:15 AM
AndréCardoso
New Contributor III
Hello,

I've got a problem here 🙂
- somewhere along the rules I do something like
 color("#FF0000") 
, and later I need to insert an external asset from a piece of geometry derived from the one where I did the color setting. Something along these lines:
 OnStart -->     color("#FF0000")     ContinueModelling  ContinueModelling -->     ...     Later  Later -->    split(x){       someAttr : NIL|       ~1: split(z){                 someAttr: NIL|                 ~1: NewAssetFootprint|                 someAttr: NIL             }|       someAttr: NIL    }  NewAssetFootprint-->        i(externalAssetWithOwnColorsAndTextures) // this inherits the previous color setting, done above; everything gets "reddish" !!       NIL. 

I need to reset the color attributes before inserting the external asset.
I think I've we can do something like set(material.colormap, "") to reset the textures. But what about color???
I've tried set(material.color.rgb, "") but without luck.

Any insights here?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi !

the default color is just white

color(1,1,1) // or legacy : color("#ffffff")

to find the default material attributes, just try to print those you're interested in. resetting just means setting the value back to the first value.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hi !

to find the default material attributes, just try to print those you're interested in. resetting just means setting the value back to the first value.
0 Kudos
AndréCardoso
New Contributor III
That... makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

Thanks!

hi !

0 Kudos