How can I create a rpk from a rule file with imported subscripts?

Jump to solution
09-04-2014 05:45 AM
BrunoSeiler
New Contributor II

Is it possible to create a rpk from a rule file that uses several subscripts (separate cga files) through import? I tried several times and it seems that the rpk can only be created for a single cga. If you have 'import'-statements in the cga the created rpk doesn't work, it is looking for the imported scripts which it can't find. How can I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matthias_Specht
Esri Contributor

Hi Bruno,

There was a bug in CE 2014.0 which prevented displaying attributes of imported cga files in the inspector.

The error you see is connected to that bug.

However, the rpk "works", i.e. the model is generated as expected.

The bug is fixed in CE 2014.1, I just verified it with your rpk. CE 2014.1 will be released very soon.

regards

Matthias

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Bruno !

This 'should' work without issues. I assume you made sure that you picked the master rule ( most top ).

As far as I know, all scripts are combined into 1 'big' script.

Let me know how things work for you.. Maybe add a few screenshots..

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

Garsdale Design Ltd.

CityEngine Services | Consulting

http://www.garsdaledesign.co.uk/

0 Kudos
BrunoSeiler
New Contributor II

Hi Matt!

I've created an example:

MASTER.cga contains a simple start rule and extrudes the lot with attribute 'Height', it also assigns the material color and gets the color variable from DESIGN.cga. Now when I share MASTER.cga as rpk and I test it in the same project it works fine. But when I import the rpk into another CityEngine project and apply it to one of the shapes it throws an error message. It shows the full menu for MASTER in the inspector, but only the title of the imported DESIGN.cga without the variable.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Bruno

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I can reproduce the issue too on 2014.0. I'll contact the dev team to have a look at this ..

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

Garsdale Design Ltd.

CityEngine Services | Consulting

http://www.garsdaledesign.co.uk/

0 Kudos
Matthias_Specht
Esri Contributor

Hi Bruno,

There was a bug in CE 2014.0 which prevented displaying attributes of imported cga files in the inspector.

The error you see is connected to that bug.

However, the rpk "works", i.e. the model is generated as expected.

The bug is fixed in CE 2014.1, I just verified it with your rpk. CE 2014.1 will be released very soon.

regards

Matthias

0 Kudos
BrunoSeiler
New Contributor II

Many thanks Matthias!

I just tested in version 2014.1 and everything works perfectly now...

0 Kudos