Embed a youtube video in WebScene

09-23-2014 12:02 AM
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have a question regarding embed a youtube video into WebScene. I have some points that have a text type attribute field populated with youtube URL`s.

When in WebScene I click one of those points, in the right part appears the attributes (see print attached). After I click the URL from the point selected, a new tab will appear redirecting to Youtube due to URL. What I want is to appear the video intro the WebScene and not to open a new tab to Youtube.

Is that possible? Can you help me with this? I need to do this in 24-30 hours...

Thank you !!!

print.jpg

0 Kudos
12 Replies
johne
by
New Contributor III

yeah its possible to.Instead of writing the url as just an attribute. Iframe it within the information tab. But wat i cant seem to make the video do is play full screen.

Make an object attribute in city engine with one model clicked.

Give it a name and make sure the type is STR

Then for the value input a code like this one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jofNR_WkoCE" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Yes this is it !! Another option what I did was changing the attribute in ArcMap. Instead of URL I copied the embed text. I will test this right now.

Thanks you very much !!

0 Kudos
johne
by
New Contributor III

You are most welcome. I viewed your web-scene and saw a very nice soccer stadium and animated water.Could you give me pointers on doing the same since i cant get exactly how to animate water.

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

That was another scene, the question was for the one I work now, but thank you very much !

Well, the soccer stadium was a .dae file and for the water I imported a vector polygon, and for having that water effect just add "__water" to the name in city engine and export it. The WebViewer automatically does that texture in browser when having that part of the name added. For example having a polygon type for Atlantic Ocean-> add underscore underscore water (Atlantic Ocean__water) and export it.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
johne
by
New Contributor III

Thank!

0 Kudos
johne
by
New Contributor III

for better placement follow this link

https://community.esri.com/message/350840#350840

IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

I want to simulate a flooding in a town and I have some points symbolized as push-pins . When I click the one of the push-pin I want in the information area( in the right, with green color) to appear to video that shows the flood from that place. I embed the video but the videos are half sized. I attached a print . Any suggestion? Thanks !!

print123.jpg

0 Kudos
johne
by
New Contributor III

change value of width to 286 and for height to 333.I you extend that the webviewer slices the extra pixels

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Do you know if there can be added a rain effect in the scene?

Thanks !

0 Kudos