CityEngine Webscene Export Issue

3810
3
01-28-2015 12:14 AM
BrunoSeiler
New Contributor

Hi! I am working on a scene with building footprints. The shape names were adjusted during the working process. Example: a building footprint had the name A10 at the beginning and was renamed to A01 later on (just by typing in the name in the inspector). I exported both versions to Webscenes. The export worked fine, but when I click on the renamed shapes in the Webscene, they still have the old names and I can not find the new names in the webscene when I search for them. I already tried the following:

-export with CityEngine default settings instead of previous export settings

-copying the shapes to a new layer and exporting

-exporting the shapes without applying a rule file

All with the same result. Has anyone got an idea how this issue can be solved? Re-importing the shapes would be very time consuming as I would then have to set many cga-attributes for every footprint to rebuild the scene.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthiasBuehler
Regular Contributor

Hey Bruno!

Next to the shape name, can you create an object attribute and check if that value 'survives' the way to the WebScene and is visible in the green info dialog?

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

--------------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
BrunoSeiler
New Contributor

Hi Matt!

Thanks for your answer! The object attribute survives the export.

It's very odd... If I change the shape name to something completely different, like 'abc' the export also works. But if I use the names as described above it doesn't work. Seems that CityEngine gets confused when I use the same names as before, but apply them to different shapes (if shape 1 gets name of shape 2 and vice versa).

I just found a simple workaround: If I add a space at the end of the name it works.

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler
Regular Contributor

Hi ..

I assume somewhere in the process, the file endings are checked for numbers to sort things. Then if there's numbers, they may be adapted.

This would be a bug, I assume.

But maybe just put and underscore at the end and try again and see if you get new numbers at the very end..

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

--------------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos