CityEngine Terrain Map

05-29-2013 01:44 AM
AvgiSotiropoulou
New Contributor
Hi, 🙂

I have some issues in creating a terrain in city engine. I have create a New Scene and add some data from OSM then I follow the
steps that are described in Tutorial 2/Part 1, using as  Heightmap a georeferenced DEM image and as Texture a georeferenced image
from OSM. But, althougn in Arcmap they are correct in CityEngine I receive the following error: The data is located too far from
the current scene's contents. Either edit the (geo-)location of the data, choose an adequate projection, or import it into a new
empty CityEngine scene.

I have done the opposite, to create a New Scene create first the Terrain and add after the data, but I received again
the error above.

I really cant find out what is going wrong
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
Luiz_AmadeuCoutinho
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Diego

Try create a texture.jpg

For example,  I have a TIN.tif and a "picture" of my TIN in jpg format.:

TIN&TEXTURE.JPG

0 Kudos
ClaudiaUrzua
New Contributor

Hi Luiz

I followed your advice however still not working and having a black texture. I have exported to several formats such as JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc but nothing work.

Thanks for helping.

Claudia

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Claudia

Can you view the texture with an standard image viewer?

If this is possible, it also should work in CityEngine.

To further investigate this, I'd need your image data.

0 Kudos
SeanFiddler
New Contributor

I have the same exact problem the image works in ArcMap and ArcScene but when I import it as a texture for my dtm it only shows up black. I REALLY NEED TO GET THIS WORKInG. Can anyone help me

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

CityEngine Terrain Layer support a wide range of image formats. But there might be some, that are not yet supported.

Please provide more information about:

• image format
  • size
  • bitdepth
  • georeferencing
0 Kudos