CityEngine Cga

02-03-2023 10:55 AM
Bencjaminn
New Contributor II

Hello, I want to add some window details on ‘’Building_From_Footprint - Copy.cga’’ file, I have the codes but I don’t know how to add to that cga, can you help me please?

Screenshot (22).png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

Hi @Bencjaminn,

The ESRI.lib is set to read-only.

If you intend to customize one of the rules from ESRI.lib it's recommended to copy it into a separate project, edit the rule there and then re-assign the shapes with your edited rule.

Hope this helps!

Best
Jonas

0 Kudos
Bencjaminn
New Contributor II

hello i know that, i just want to learn how to add build details like window at that cga 

0 Kudos
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

hi again, in the example of the Building_From_Footprint rule it's not so trivial, because when you set it to textured the facade will be just a single rectangular shape there is no further tiling done. So you need either to add an intermediate rule where you do the tiling first or you edit the schematic facade variant where the facade is tiled into walls / windows. To better understand how the rules work I suggest you to work with the Model Hierarchy (See attached screenshots)

Bencjaminn
New Contributor II

i understand, so is there any cga file with textured and detailed like window? 

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Tutorial 6, which shows how to create a textured building facade with windows, might be of interest.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/cityengine/latest/tutorials/tutorial-6-basic-shape-grammar.htm

0 Kudos