Change roof direction in Building from footprint rule

08-15-2015 02:19 PM
ValerioBozzo
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm creating a city model in CityEngine, and I created the 3d models of buildings with "Building from footprint" rule, but I don't know how to rotate the orientations of the roof. Any suggestions?

In particular, I want to flip the roof direction and rotate the texture mapping to fit the same direction of the front side wall.

image.jpg

Here is the real context I need to replicate in my scene

Image 001.jpg

3 Replies
DavidWasserman
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Valerio,

Can you post a link to the rule you used? Is it in Esri.lib?

Have you tried setting the first edge on the shapes you are using?
http://cehelp.esri.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.procedural.cityengine.help/html/manual/is/manually/...

David

David Wasserman, AICP
ValerioBozzo
New Contributor III

Hi David,

I used the rule Building_from_footprint.cga located in the default CE rules folder.

I don't know how to change the first edge in a shape. Should I use the command line Set First Edge?

Maybe I posted some stupid questions, but I'm a beginner with this kind of software. I always worked with cad and rendering software.

Regards,

Valerio

0 Kudos
DavidWasserman
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Valerio,

I took a look at the rule briefly. The first extrusion seems to align the geometry to the longest edge. However, can you try first edge setting just in case.

That should be the right command, and don't worry CityEngine takes a while to learn. It is just like any new software.

David

David Wasserman, AICP
0 Kudos