Can't download city engine installer for windows (free trial)

04-22-2022 02:41 PM
davidlbit
New Contributor

Hey all!
I just signed up for a free trial and wanted to download the installer for my windows machine, but unfortnuately I can't trigger the download. I've seen a similar post from a few years ago and back then the servers were down. Is that also the case now?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SimonHaegler
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I just verified that the download of the 2022.0 Beta installer starts (I used Firefox, if it matters). Do you have any special network settings or apps running?

Best,
Simon

0 Kudos
davidlbit
New Contributor

I use Firefox as well and even tried to download it from a private window (so with all plugins disabled) and also with other browsers. However, unfortunately nothing worked. Also I don't have any network settings or firewall settings in place which could explain this issue.

Note: I can download anything else, f.x. ArcGIS Pro and such. It's only the CityEngine installer which doesn't start for me.

0 Kudos
SimonHaegler
Esri Contributor

Feel free to send me a Direct Message with the username you are using in the beta portal. Then we can check.

Best,
Simon

0 Kudos
SimonHaegler
Esri Contributor

I'm sorry, in my first response, I confused the Trial download of CityEngine 2021.1 with the currently open beta of CityEngine 2022.0. Apologies for the confusion. I'll ask internally about the status of the trial.

In the meantime, you might actually consider trying out CityEngine 2022.0 Beta at our beta portal: https://earlyadopter.esri.com

0 Kudos