Buildings show as plain white in the scene, random elsewhere

12-09-2012 02:05 PM
GuyIncognito
New Contributor
All my generated buildings refuse to display color or textures in the scene view. When I click on a rule file, the preview SOMETIMES displays the building white, sometimes colored. Same goes for the style manager. I have an ATI graphics card, so I tried the suggestions from here ( http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/72410-CE-crashes-on-machines-with-ATI-graphics-cards ), but that isn't helping at all. Any idea what could be wrong?

System specs:

AMD Phenom II X6
ATI HD5770 1GB
8GB RAM
64bit Windows 7

This is what it usually looks like:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19812[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

This sounds strange.

Did you make sure that textures are actually displayed ? Means activated in the viewport settings (cogwheel menu in the upper right corner of the viewport) ?

Though in shaded mode, the model still should get colored red.

Let me know.

M.
0 Kudos
GuyIncognito
New Contributor
Hi,

the settings should be correct - Textured + Wireframe on shaded. Could this be caused by a faulty java install?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19818[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

Except that you've written the '@StartRule' decoration wrong I did not find anything which would make sense.

Can you maybe try and create a short screengrab video in which you show all details ?

Maybe that gives me some more insight. Maybe.. can you try this too with the free 30 day 2012 TRIAL version ?

Additionally, do you get Errors in the 'Log Window' or the 'CGA Problems Window' ?

Let me know ..

Matt
0 Kudos
GuyIncognito
New Contributor
Well, it somehow managed to fix itself after I didn't use the program for two days. There were a bunch of the error message below in the log, but that stopped as well. Thanks anyway!

Native Render: found GL Errors on exit!glError: invalid operation
- [main]
0 Kudos
JasonBalmut
Occasional Contributor III
Matthias, I get the same rendering issues. I used to be able to fix it by toggling the Show/Hide Models (F12), but that is no longer refreshing it. This screenshot was taken using the scene in Tutorial 8 with the supplied rule (massmodeling_03.cga) and the self-made rule from page 15 (myMass_03.cga). The buildings do not show the default grey color and the setbacks do not show up as green. The default style does show the color. You can see in the log screenshot more details.

ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

I've seen those errors too sometimes, I simply restart CE.

Please let me know if this helps to prevent the error. (It's not a proper solution, but something)
0 Kudos
JasonBalmut
Occasional Contributor III
Hi !

I've seen those errors too sometimes, I simply restart CE.

Please let me know if this helps to prevent the error. (It's not a proper solution, but something)

It does.  How strange!
0 Kudos