Are there any resources or help files for using the builtin.cube?

Jump to solution
08-13-2014 11:26 AM
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

Are there any resources or help files for using the builtin.cube? I'm trying to give a building a little texture by recessing the builtin.cube into my facade, and it works fine except for the corners where the two cubes touch each other and then disappear all together. I'm open to another way to achieve the same look. Some advise on the awnings would be nice too. They're also created with the builtin.cube then with a shed roof applied to them.

The image below is a flat, but it all looks good, just lacks some texture

You can see on the images below the faces disappear once the cube is introduced to push them back.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidWasserman

Also for the documentation on the Builtin:Cube for future reference it is on the Help -‌ page under Misc Information--> Builtin Assets. I think this may not have much to do with your current problem, but I thought I would leave this as a reference.

David Wasserman, AICP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthiasBuehler

Hi Devin,

that may be a couple different things..

- trim planes

- split operation bug (small chances)

- unfortunate CGA code

can you post some CGA code how you create those windows ?

0 Kudos
DevinLavigne

Thanks Matt. It was some of first code I've written. I'll try cleaning up the code and if that doesn't work I'll post it.

0 Kudos
DavidWasserman

Also for the documentation on the Builtin:Cube for future reference it is on the Help -‌ page under Misc Information--> Builtin Assets. I think this may not have much to do with your current problem, but I thought I would leave this as a reference.

David Wasserman, AICP
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler

Yes, that is a helpful reference !

Thanks for posting !

Matt

0 Kudos