Additional Intersection Shape Request for Street End Points

02-18-2021 01:49 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to have a new terminating intersection shape created for the end points which is not possible under a joint, junction, crossing, or roundabout (that I know of at this time).  I would like a simple square option for a terminal end point of the street network that matches the width of the street (width*width).    

I've played around with the roundabout using inserted shapes on its edges and vertices and didn't like the results.  Also tried manipulating the roundabouts shape parameters (precision =0, innerRadius=0), but to no avail.  

With a little CGA manipulation, this square shape could be very versatile (not just for streets) but network type ideas.   

Thanks! Brian

Tags (1)
5 Comments
JonasObertuefer

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your feedback. To clarify things: You mean a new type that creates a square shape at an end node (instead of creating no shape like junction/crossing/freeway are doing)? And you would mainly use it in combination with a CGA rule?

Best
Jonas

by Anonymous User

@JonasObertuefer 

Thanks for the response!  Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for.   

JonasObertuefer

@Anonymous User 

Thanks, i bring this up to the team.

romainjanil

As a workaround, for years, I usually end up using a python node selection on valency value of 1 and set all resulting nodes to crossing not smart. additional cga is needed to end up the dead end correctly (uvsplits mostly to handle correctly ending curbs if needed. 

ChristianIten
Status changed to: Under Consideration