360 VR February 2023 Update: Web Scene Pop-up Support!

03-02-2023 06:55 AM
StefanArisona
Esri Contributor
3 4 921

We have just updated 360 VR and are very happy to announce support for Web Scene pop-ups in 360 VR.

360vr_popups.jpg

Getting pop-ups into 360 VR is very straightforward: if you have a Web Scene that has pop-ups and you create at 360 VR Experience, then your experience will automatically adopt these pop-ups and they will be clickable in the 360 VR web app. Try it out here - look for colored buildings and click on them:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/360vr/index.html?id=d257b269f2d4424ba4d9efcd66b51825

Other notable improvements include a way to view 360 VR Experiences stored on a ArcGIS Enterprise portal and numerous bug fixes. For more information refer to the updated documentation.

4 Comments
ScumBagSurfer
New Contributor II

Hello! @StefanArisona 

Do attachments work within popups within 360 VR (specifically an unlisted YouTube video)? I want a point on a place and within the popup a link to a 360 Video taken of that place with a GoPro.

Cheers

StefanArisona
Esri Contributor

Hi @ScumBagSurfer ,

Generally, embedded links to external sources are supported.

I recommend having a look at this experience: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/360vr/index.html?id=e2889f0637f6409cb95720c877a8261f

It contains popups (look for the red pins) with images and links to external sites, so should help you to find out if the approach works for you.

ScumBagSurfer
New Contributor II

Hi @StefanArisona .

I am trying to link YouTube VR Videos within the popups themselves. However, I am running into some trouble. In the VR headset, once a popup is selected the pop-up shows just a loading icon.

I linked the YouTube VR videos by inserting them as an image via the pop-ups...

Any help would be much appreciated.

StefanArisona
Esri Contributor

Hi @ScumBagSurfer interesting use case, thanks for reporting and we would like to have a closer look at this. Will send you PM. Thanks, Stefan

About the Author
Stefan Arisona is a senior principal software engineer at the Esri R&D Center Zurich. His works on game engine and virtual reality applications for GIS, urban planning and design, and architecture.