problem with business points

05-05-2021 02:19 PM
JayLarsen
Occasional Contributor II

I need to get the business points for large employers in my area.  However, if you recall, the flow for BAO starts out with asking if you want to narrow by NAICS or include all.  I need to include all.  Then it populates the map, to the limit of 5000 businesses.  Only then can I say I only want firms with 100+ employees or something.  So I know most of my targets will not be there, since they got clipped off by the limit of 5000 points.

Is there any way to put the limit of 100+ employers first, then I will never even hit 1000 points.

It's like the query flow is sort of backwards for a lot of searches.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
akishore5420
New Contributor

Hello Jay,

With the Business search workflow, there is a maximum of 5000 results that can be returned per search. You cannot refine the search of 100+ employers prior to performing the business search.

However, if you are looking at a specific area, you can refine the business search to a Category or NAICS/SIC code and limit the search extent to that specific search area.

akishore5420_0-1620329363547.png

Once the business search is performed, you can further refine your results by Business name or Number of Employees.

0 Kudos
JayLarsen
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, I know.  You literally just restated my problem.

I was hoping there were some other tricks or something.

Maybe I should post this on the "ideas" site.

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the feedback @JayLarsen,

Please feel free to post this under "ideas" here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-business-analyst-ideas/idb-p/arcgis-business-analyst-ideas

An enhancement request has been submitted for this.

Best Regards,

Fasil T.

BA Team

0 Kudos