Is Business Analyst going away?

Jump to solution
03-29-2018 11:04 AM
JohnMellor__GISP
New Contributor III

Is Business Analyst being replaced with something new from ESRI?   What would be the best practice for using Business Analyst with Arcgis Online? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Hi John, Good to know the reason of your question. The name continues to be ArcGIS Business Analyst. Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PraveenSrivastava

No, ArcGIS Business Analyst continues to be enhanced and improved with new capabilities and data updates. For using Business Analyst with ArcGIS Online you can either sign up for a trial or buy a premium app license. more info here:

ArcGIS Business Analyst | SaaS 

https://marketplace.arcgis.com/listing.html?id=ed12fda02a0d4bd08f23dbc879bba00a  

I am very curious to know what made you think about its replacement.

Thank you,

Praveen

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

In addition to what Praveen Srivastava  mentioned, the current release of ArcGIS Pro introduced Business Analyst:

Business Analyst Comes to ArcGIS Pro! | ArcGIS Blog . It means that Esri considers that Business Analyst offers important analytical functionality and you can expect the functionality to be expanded, not only in Desktop, but also in your portal. 

JohnMellor__GISP
New Contributor III

So, I know some of the extensions have changed names over the years.  I guess that was my real question, is the name changing or is the Business Analyst name here to stay.  

PraveenSrivastava

Hi John, Good to know the reason of your question. The name continues to be ArcGIS Business Analyst. Thanks

meriemchida
New Contributor

Hi Praveen - I watched a few YT videos where you explain BA web - they are really great by the way. I am not sure if you are still responding to questions 🙂

My question is as follows:  I have access to BA web app and to the Pro Desktop with BA extension. I am really unclear about the difference between ArcGIS online, vs the Pro desktop with BA extension, vs just BA web app? 

According to the ESRI help page, the Feature Analysis in Pro is not available when using "ArcGIS Online" as my active portal. My institution does not run ArcGIS Portal server on campus, so there is unfortunately no way to use these features. 

Should we be running an ArcGIS Portal? 😕

Sorry I hope this makes sense - thank you for your help.

Sincerely

Meriem

0 Kudos