Esri Business Analyst 10.5.1 Address Coder Toolbox not licensed

01-05-2018 12:37 PM
Jeffcheng1
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I have problem to use Address coder in BA 10.5.1. And I have BA license and authorized in ArcGIS. 

It pop up error like:

"Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.

ERROR 000824: The tool is not licensed.

Failed to execute (SetupCustomersByTable)."

I test the Arcpy in ArcMap 10.5.1. It shows "Notlicensed" if I enter "arcpy.CheckOutExtension("Business")", but BA works totally fine if I enter "rcpy.CheckOutExtension("BusinessPrem") and allother module works fine under BusinessAnalyst Toolbox. 

On the extensions panel, I have two Business Analyst option, but only able to check one, another one is Not authorized.

Does anybody know the reason why BA is not working? Thanks in advance. 

12 Replies
DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

This is a great question, can you verify if you have licensed Address Coder or is it still in "Demonstration Mode"?

Jeffcheng1
New Contributor II

I did updated the Access Coder licenses. 

DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

In arcpy, you will need to use rcpy.CheckOutExtension("BusinessPrem")  since you are working with a Business Analyst standard license. What exactly are you performing when this error presents itself?

As far as seeing 2 options available for extensions, there are only 2 license types for Business Analyst, Basic and Standard. It appears that you are licensed for Business Analyst standard and not basic and that is why you see the second Business Analyst checkbox selected.

Jeffcheng1
New Contributor II

Thanks. Is there anyway to uninstall Business Analyst Basic separately? I was trying to use Address Coder, but It looks like Address Coder is trying to utilizes Business Analyst Basic Module, which shows "Notlicensed". 

Here is part of Geocoding processing in Address Coder:

"

Address Coder will sort the file.

The following Reports will be created:

The locator in use is:
D:\ArcGIS\Business Analyst\US_2016\Data\Geocoding Data\USA_LocalComposite.loc

Opening datasets...

Loading pointer file...

Querying input file...

Creating temporary work files... 4:58:40 PM
Input file contains 5,782 records.

Please be patient, there will be minimal feedback during the next 2 stages.
Begin appending centroids... 4:58:43 PM

esriGeocoder.GeocodeByTable error: Executing: SetupCustomersByTable "P:\Jeff C\-------------------temp\T3239.csv" "D:\ArcGIS\Business Analyst\US_2016\Data\Geocoding Data\USA_LocalComposite.loc" "Address __ACI_newstreet VISIBLE NONE;City __ACI_newtown VISIBLE NONE;State __ACI_state VISIBLE NONE;ZIP_Code __ACI_newzip VISIBLE NONE" _AC_IDNum_ "Total Households" "P:\Jeff C\-------------------------\temp\T61334.gdb\TempFC" <none> true false # #
Start Time: Fri Jan 12 16:58:56 2018
Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000824: The tool is not licensed.
Failed to execute (SetupCustomersByTable).
Failed at Fri Jan 12 16:58:56 2018 (Elapsed Time: 0.00 seconds)"

Thanks for your help,

DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the update. unfortunately there is not a method per se of uninstalling Business Analyst Basic as this is specific to the license type utilized. The software installation is the same and what happens is depending on which license you authorize will then allow you to utilize different functionality in the program.

KristenBarry1
New Contributor III

Hi Jeff,

A few questions. 

1.  When did this start? 

2.  Are you able to run the tool manually from the toolbox, e.g. Business Analyst Tools > Customer Setup > Setup Customers Using Tabular Data?

3.  Could you send a picture of what you see in your ArcGIS Administrator?

4.  Do you have a single-use or floating license?

5.  Have you installed, registered, and activated the data license for Business Analyst?

6.  Have you licensed Address Coder using an .lfx file?

I look forward to your answers.

Thank you.

Kristen Barry

Technology

Jeffcheng1
New Contributor II

1. It is my first time using Address coder under !0.5.1. The Address coder on previous ArcGIS 10.5 works fine.

2. I could able to run the individual module under Toolbox with no error.

3. I am on University floating license.

4. I did activated data license and .lfx license for Address code. 

Thanks

KristenBarry1
New Contributor III

Hi Jeff,

Would it be possible to have a case created for this?  That way we can troubleshoot with you directly.  Please call 888-377-4575 X 2 to have a case created. 

Thank you.

Kristen Barry

Technology Lead, Esri

Levi_Bonnell
New Contributor

Was this ever resolved?