Combining Demographics Info

02-05-2018 07:26 AM
JayShahi
New Contributor

Hello,

I am using ESRI Business Analyst. 
I am trying to get the 2017-2022 Asian Population, their income and other key demographics.

When i try to create a custom variable, do i select the population and then '+' and add the median household income?

I wasnt sure since i havent combined variables like that at the granular level.

Please let me know. Any help is appreciated

3 Replies
PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jay,

I think you are trying to do the above mentioned analysis in the Business Analyst Web App

In your case, I would probably try to find some ACS variables that are most relevant. For example, ACS Households with Asian HH Income that shows number of Asian HHs in different income ranges. 

Custom variables are useful for doing calculations using the variables that represent same type of data i.e. adding number of households with income less than $15k and number of households with income between $15k and $30k, will give you the total number of households with income less than $30k. Here is more help on custom variables: Create a custom variable—Community Analyst | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Praveen Srivastava

ArcGIS Business Analyst Team

JayShahi
New Contributor

Praveen, 

Thank you so much for that. 
Is there any way to filter that data by Zipcodes?
The only options i see are by Census tract, congressional districts, counties and states.

Please let me know. 

Thanks,

Jay

PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jay,

More information about the ACS data is available here: Census and ACS—Esri Demographics | ArcGIS  

Thanks