Business Analyst 2017 "Run Reports" Error?

04-03-2018 08:56 AM
KatieNehrenz
New Contributor

Hi, I am running Desktop 10.5.1 and Business Analyst 2017 data. Whenever I try to run a report using Business Analyst, I get the following error:

I have not been able to find a solution, I have made sure I have no previous Business Analyst data and I have done full reinstalls. Has anyone had this issue and know how to solve it? 

-Katie

4 Replies
PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

kbarry-esristaff‌. Just wanted to let you know about it. Thanks

KristenBarry1
New Contributor III

Hi Katie,
Did this issue start after updating or reinstalling?

Did you install to the default location, i.e. C:\ArcGIS\Business Analyst\US_2017?

Do you get this error message when running all reports on different trade areas?

Have you tried a new mxd?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you!

Kristen Barry

Esri Technology Lead - Business Analyst

KristenBarry1
New Contributor III

Hi Katie,

I've done some further research on the exact error message you are receiving.  Please verify that both ArcMap and Business Analyst are on the same version, e.g. 10.6.  If necessary, you may want to uninstall and reinstall. 

Please feel free to have a case created if you would like assistance in doing this: 888-377-4575 X 2.

Thank you.

Kristen Barry

Technology  Lead

KatieNehrenz
New Contributor

Hi Kristen, thank you for your response!

Both ArcMap and Business Analyst are both running version 10.5.1. 

To answer your previous questions, 

- the issue happened after downloading 2017 Business Analyst data

- yes it is installed in the default location, is that ok?

- yes this error occurs on every report, my company uses a lot of custom reports that are made in the fusion report builder, and I first noticed it on those; however, it seems to throw this (demographic) error on any report I run
- yes I have tried various MXDs

Thank you for taking the time to dig into this, I have also created a case. Let me know if there is anything else you notice while researching! I look forward to hearing back