Any SMB's in the retail category want to brainstorm?

08-16-2017 02:36 PM
ColinBranson1
New Contributor III

I am looking to brainstorm with someone, preferably a SMB, who uses GIS (Arc Map, ArcGIS Pro, and Business Analyst) to do customer file analysis and site location. I work for a dental organization with 10+ years of GIS experience. We help dentist, our members, grow and achieve their goals.I want to see what else others out there are doing in the retail category or other verticals to acquire new customers.

If you were to receive a customer file with address elements what type of analysis do you do?

3 Replies
JohnPreysner
Esri Contributor

Hi GISDental‌, I realize this response is late - but better late than never!

I work on our Commercial team here at Esri and think I have another user who might want to connect. Feel free to shoot me a message at jpreysner@esri.com and we can get the ball rolling.

- John

0 Kudos
ColinBranson1
New Contributor III

Thanks for reaching out…

At the conference in SD this past year most of the presentations are for Gov or big business. I do understand that the software does cost money and not many smaller companies can't afford it along with the GIS staff. I would like to believe there has to be some out there that can and do.

I would like to meet and connect with other companies that utilize the power of GIS in the retail space. Like companies that do a customer file analysis, or site analysis, demographic profiling, the use of Tapestry, etc.. I have been doing this for years and would like to share and see what others are doing. It would be nice if there were a platform for all of us to gather and share ideas.

JohnPreysner
Esri Contributor

GISDental‌ - one of my colleagues, JDiFrisco-esristaff‌, can work to set up an introduction with the other user in the health space I had in mind. Perhaps even working with the GeoNet team to set up a page for mid-market companies/organization could make sense.

0 Kudos