When will the 2017 Retail Marketplace data used in BAO data be updated?

06-30-2020 08:36 AM
Derck___EdsonGIS
New Contributor

Users in my company are complaining the data is out-of-date and want to switch to a different platform. Looking for an authoritative answer from ESRI, but don't know where I should ask the question or to whom it should be addressed. Anything that points me in the right direction would be much appreciated. -Mike Newman

Tags (2)
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mike, Thank you for your question.

The Retail Marketplace database, and its related reports and maps, have been moved to Mature Status and will no longer be updated. The reason for this is the changing face of retail. Retail Marketplace was developed during a marketplace with little e-commerce, using data sources that cannot adequately differentiate e-commerce sales from store-front sales. As the proportion of e-commerce sales grows, it becomes increasingly difficult to model retail sales at the local level.

The current data is from 2017 brought into 2019 geography.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Alice Kavanagh

akavanagh@esri.com

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

And we will be updating Business Analyst Web App this evening (barring any unforeseen issues) with the 2020/2025 Updates, but unfortunately, the Retail Marketplace data will only be updated to the new geography, there will be no updates to the data.