Using a polygon you created to run a report in Business Analyst

Jump to solution
08-10-2021 09:13 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to run some reports in Business analyst within a 30 mile radius of a site, the catch is excluding a certain area.  I exported the 30 mile buffer that Business Analyst creates and edited the polygon in ArcPro, I then added it back in to the map.  

I am now trying to figure out how to use my created polygon instead of the 30 mile buffer that BA created.  I'm not even sure if this is possible.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Garry,

You should be able to run a report against the edited polygon. One thing I am not sure is, where you are trying to run the report from. Here are ways in which you can run the report:

Running report in ArcGIS Pro:

• You can run report against the edited polygon in ArcGIS Pro using Summary Report (Business Analyst) geoprocessing tool 
  • Zemin_1-1628613949503.png
  • Choose your boundary layer (edited polygon) and select the report you want to run
  • Note: Requires a ArcGIS Pro Business Analyst extension license 

Running reports in Business Analyst Web App:

• If you have already published the edited polygon back to ArcGIS Online, then you can use the following option to bring the layer into your Business Analyst Project
  • Zemin_2-1628614261086.png

• Select the layer > Add Selected
  • Click on the polygon once added and Choose Reports
  • Zemin_3-1628614344444.png

I also wanted to share that you can now Add Business Analyst Web App Sites directly into ArcGIS Pro

Zemin_4-1628614409446.png

The sites can then be edited using ArcGIS Pro's editing tools and the changes will be reflected in Business Analyst Web App also. You can then decide to run reports in ArcGIS Pro or Business Analyst Web App. Note: this also requires a ArcGIS Pro Business Analyst extension license.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Garry,

You should be able to run a report against the edited polygon. One thing I am not sure is, where you are trying to run the report from. Here are ways in which you can run the report:

Running report in ArcGIS Pro:

• You can run report against the edited polygon in ArcGIS Pro using Summary Report (Business Analyst) geoprocessing tool 
  • Zemin_1-1628613949503.png
  • Choose your boundary layer (edited polygon) and select the report you want to run
  • Note: Requires a ArcGIS Pro Business Analyst extension license 

Running reports in Business Analyst Web App:

• If you have already published the edited polygon back to ArcGIS Online, then you can use the following option to bring the layer into your Business Analyst Project
  • Zemin_2-1628614261086.png

• Select the layer > Add Selected
  • Click on the polygon once added and Choose Reports
  • Zemin_3-1628614344444.png

I also wanted to share that you can now Add Business Analyst Web App Sites directly into ArcGIS Pro

Zemin_4-1628614409446.png

The sites can then be edited using ArcGIS Pro's editing tools and the changes will be reflected in Business Analyst Web App also. You can then decide to run reports in ArcGIS Pro or Business Analyst Web App. Note: this also requires a ArcGIS Pro Business Analyst extension license.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Zemin,

Thank you so much, this worked wonderfully!  I was trying to run the report in BA as I was unaware that they can be ran in Pro.  

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos