Select to view content in your preferred language

Symbology not appearing when adding layer to BAO

Jump to solution
03-20-2023 07:43 AM
JeffGardner_Safelite
Occasional Contributor

For my job, I create drive time feature classes in Pro, then add them to the BAO Web App to conduct analysis. However, over the last couple of weeks, whenever I add these FCs, the symbology does not show. I can still select the polygons and run my analysis, but without the symbology, it is really difficult to know which polygons I need to choose. For FCs that I created more than a couple of weeks ago, everything appears on the map just fine. It seems to only impact the FCs that I've created since about the start of March. I'm running everything exactly the same as I was before this issue began. Thanks for any help you can give!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@JeffGardner_Safelite Thank you for these additional details. I have tested the worklfow with a service of drive times published from Pro 3.1.0 and am able to reproduce the display issue. I'm glad to hear you have a workaround for now and we will look at fixing this issue for our next release. I appreciate your patience and thank you for reporting this issue!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@JeffGardner_Safelite Thank you for reaching out with your question. To help me investigate further, can you please confirm the version of ArcGIS Pro that you are working with? Also, which workflow are you using to add your drive times to BA Web App? 

0 Kudos
JeffGardner_Safelite
Occasional Contributor

Cheryl, we are using version 3.1.0 of Pro. We create the drive times in Pro, then upload them to BA using the "Add Data" button for web maps and layers. It always worked just fine until around the beginning of March.

Oddly, if we load the layer into AGOL and modify the symbology there, then save it and bring it into BA, the symbology shows up just fine. However, that's a really annoying extra step we would prefer not to do every time we try to add a drive time (which we do constantly). If there's a fix that will allow to get back to our normal process of adding it directly, we would greatly appreciate it!

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@JeffGardner_Safelite Thank you for these additional details. I have tested the worklfow with a service of drive times published from Pro 3.1.0 and am able to reproduce the display issue. I'm glad to hear you have a workaround for now and we will look at fixing this issue for our next release. I appreciate your patience and thank you for reporting this issue!

JeffGardner_Safelite
Occasional Contributor

Cheryl, I meant to post earlier, but with the most recent release of BA, this is no longer an issue! Thank you!

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@JeffGardner_Safelite Thank you for confirming!

0 Kudos