Missing Businesses

02-02-2023 09:37 AM
Labels (1)
BritneyMaddock
New Contributor

I am trying to find voids in services areas for a retail business we are exploring getting into. We're trying to determine saturation in an area. I'm using the NAICS number associated with this particular industry so they show up as pins on my Esri map. When I compare my Esri results next to Googles results,  find that Esri is severely under reporting these retailors. Has anyone else found this to be true? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DonnaBuhr
Esri Contributor

Hello Britney,

Would you be able to provide additional information regarding the NAICS code you are using and the geography area of interest so we can better answer your question? 

You might also like to try using a different data source.  You can search for business and points of interest locations from different data providers. In the Points of Interest Search workflow, you can select from three data sources, Data Axle, SafeGraph, and Foursquare.  Click Show details to view information about each source with links to the data documentation to learn more about the data and the provider.

DonnaBuhr_0-1675467705260.png

If you are using the Void Analysis workflow, the option to change the data source is found in Step 2 of the workflow where you can select from the three data sources.

DonnaBuhr_1-1675467705267.png

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Donna

0 Kudos
KatyTatzel
New Contributor

Hello, 

Is there an updated version of the leakage surplus analysis? I am in real estate development and I am trying to look at a defined area and get a breakdown (or total) number of retail SF in that particular area? 

More specifically, I am trying to determine how many SF of retail an defined area can support based on comparing it to another location. I am not looking for specific uses (pizza, coffee, etc.) but for larger categories (10 - 20 categories covering all retail). 

Thanks,

ryan.tatzel@gmail.com 

0 Kudos