Data layer error Business Analyst Web App

Jump to solution
07-26-2022 03:31 AM
AnaGrdan
Esri Contributor

Hey! After importing my own layer into ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App and selecting my own variables, I tried to do Suitability analysis and got this error attached below. Does anyone knows what this error means?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@AnaGrdan Thank you for providing access to the source data, in my testing this issue does seem related to the particular local projection. Attached is your data appended to Croatia Counties, but projected to Web Mercator so no transformation will be required. You can use this shapefile to create your custom data directly in Business Analyst Web App or you can publish it as a hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online. This should help you move forward with your workflow, but please let us know if you have any further issues. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Hi! This type of error usually indicates issues with connecting to the service in ArcGIS Online. Can you please share a few more details about your workflow? At which step in the Suitability Analysis are you importing your layer from ArcGIS Online? For example, are you setting the layer up as custom data or are you adding a point layer to use as criteria?

0 Kudos
AnaGrdan
Esri Contributor

First, I added a layer to Business Analyst like custom data - existing layer - browse for layer from my ArcGIS Online content (layer is published to ArcGIS Online as a hosted feature layer), set the type to polygon layer. Then I defined variables from attribute table and saved my layer. Business Analyst then asked me what I want to do next and I picked Suitability Analysis. I had selected geographies before, so for sites I picked from existing project. For criteria I picked My data and there was this new layer listed with variables. I picked few variables and when applied, the error message shows up.

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Thank you for providing these details @AnaGrdan. I have run through the same workflow with my own data and am not seeing the any errors when appying my custom variables as criteria. To look into this issue further, we will need to take a look at your specific service more closely. If you are comfortable sharing your hosted feature service publicly, then you can provide the url to me here and I will be happy to take another look. Otherwise, the best option would be to contact Support for assistance from an analyst over a screen share. 

0 Kudos
AnaGrdan
Esri Contributor

Here is the feature service published publicly. It is census data 2011 for Croatia, on counties level. 

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Thank you for providing the link to the feature service @AnaGrdan, I am able to reproduce the error when working with the service. I see the service is using a local projection and it's possible this is contributing to the issue. For this particular projection, there is not a transformation available to convert to Web Mercator, which is what the sites use. Additionally, if I use my own Croatia Counties, projected in Web Mercator (102100) with your variables joined, then I am able to avoid the error. I can help confirm this if you would like to provide access to the source data for me. You can just enable the Export Data option on your service in ArcGIS Online from the Settings tab, or you can send along a fgdb of the data. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

0 Kudos
AnaGrdan
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the possible explanation and quick response. I enabled the Export Data option on this feature service.

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@AnaGrdan Thank you for providing access to the source data, in my testing this issue does seem related to the particular local projection. Attached is your data appended to Croatia Counties, but projected to Web Mercator so no transformation will be required. You can use this shapefile to create your custom data directly in Business Analyst Web App or you can publish it as a hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online. This should help you move forward with your workflow, but please let us know if you have any further issues. 

0 Kudos
AnaGrdan
Esri Contributor

@CherylHagevik Thank you very much, it works now!

0 Kudos