Business Analyst Online - Issue uploading Census tracts ending in .00

07-21-2020 12:26 PM
AR5
by
New Contributor

In Business Analyst Online, I am trying to import a spreadsheet containing 150 census tracts. I have tried importing using both a CSV and a regular excel file, but when it comes to mapping the tracts that end in .00 , Business Analyst is removing the .00, requiring me to fix each tract manually. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to import these successfully, to avoid having to waste time in the future?

Many thanks

2 Replies
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello A R,

Please try removing the decimal separator from your excel table before importing.

I used this how to https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/5303-remove-decimal-but-retain-value-in-excel.html 

If you get his error when importing the newly formatted table, you might need to copy/paste the calculated values to new column as values and format it as text field and then delete the calculated column. 

Please use this as a workaround for now and we'll see if we can improve the import experience in the BA Web App for the future.

Thanks,

Fasil T.

Business Analyst Team

FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Another quick trick is to add any string value as follows to your table before importing it so that all the remaining values will be recognized as text fields during parsing. 

Fasil