Business Analyst keeps failing with "Operation Aborted" message when Sales Potential Modeling is run. Any idea why?

07-16-2017 02:01 PM
BrightRaveendran
New Contributor II

I have 7 candidate sites, 4 existing sites, and 23 competitor sites. There were 40,000 demand points. Since the BA gave "operation aborted" message with 40,000 demand points, i tried 672 centroid demand points and even that failed with the same error message. I would really appreciate help in resolving this issue.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrightRaveendran
New Contributor II

As a follow up to my above question, just would like to add that I don't have Network Analyst. Hope that shouldn't affect the usage of Business Analyst for Sales Potential Modeling.

0 Kudos
BrightRaveendran
New Contributor II

Some more details about the issue:

I tried maximize attendance and maximize market share. Both failed with the error message "Operation aborted".

0 Kudos
BrightRaveendran
New Contributor II

I am running a trial version of BA. Does that have anything to do with the issue? As soon as i run the Sales potential model, i see a message "initializing" and within about a minute see the message "Operation aborted". Really appreciate help in resolving this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Sales Potential Model requires the Network Analyst extension as I recently learned thanks to our wonderful Tech Lead (Not to mention any names, Kristen!). Make sure the Network Analyst extension is turned on.

Enable the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension in ArcMAP.

1. Click Customize > Extensions.

The Extensions dialog box opens.

2. Check Network Analyst.
  3. Click Close.
BrightRaveendran
New Contributor II

Thanks, Don!

0 Kudos