Business Analyst - Housing Affordability Index

08-15-2019 11:53 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have Business Analyst extension (data hosted locally, vintage 2018/2023) in ArcMap 10.6 and I'm trying to find the 2018 Housing Affordability Index (HAI_CY) but I can't find it any where. The variable list says "tables are available at County and ZIP Code levels". I've opened both tables zip code and county level demographic tables and I don't see the variable. 

Help?

2 Replies
KyleWatson
Esri Contributor

Hi Alicia and thanks for your question.

This variable is available in the 2019 Data.  If you connect to ArcGIS online as your Business Analyst datasource, you'll find the HAI variable.  Here I searched "afford" in Pro's Enrich Layer and it is presented in the data browser.  

If you'd like this data behind the firewall - the on-prem version will be available for download from My Esri today or tomorrow.

Here's a list of all 2019 data variables (it will list this HAI variable in "green" as new to 2019):

http://downloads.esri.com/esri_content_doc/dbl/us/Variable_List-Esri_2019_and_2024_Updated_Demograph... 

Kyle

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kyle,

That variable is also available in the 2018 data. I would like to get the 2018 data because the project I'm working on uses 2018 data.

2018 Housing Affordability Index