BA Infographic inconsistent population count

Jump to solution
06-21-2022 06:18 AM
Symbology2008
New Contributor II

Why am I getting different population counts for the 65+ age demographic? Population by age graph adds up correctly to total population. Probably a 2 dataset source issue giving different counts, understandable but difficult to explain to upper management without sited data sources. Infographics are slick, pretty and fast. But also a kind of a black box. If I am missing explanatory documentation, pls let me know!

ArcPro 2.8.3

Geoprocessing > Summary Reports > Tapestry Seg Area Profile

Environment > Data Source > United States (Portal)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Symbology2008 

This is a good catch! The mismatch is happening because the Aged 65+ bar in the chart is not using the Total Population Age 65 variable. This variable is being used in the Age 18-65 bar. This is incorrectly configured and we will get this fixed. The value of Population 65+ in the At Risk Population panel is correct (this does include Population Age 65).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Symbology2008 

This is a good catch! The mismatch is happening because the Aged 65+ bar in the chart is not using the Total Population Age 65 variable. This variable is being used in the Age 18-65 bar. This is incorrectly configured and we will get this fixed. The value of Population 65+ in the At Risk Population panel is correct (this does include Population Age 65).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

0 Kudos