Select to view content in your preferred language

Average spent per week at food stores

02-28-2023 02:18 PM
ChrisVe
New Contributor

Why do the three spending categories in "Average spent per week at food stores" not add up to 100%?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Hi @ChrisVe Thank you for reaching out with your quesiton. To help me look into your question, can you please clarify where you are observing the percentages for food store spending? For example, are you working with an infographic? 

0 Kudos
ChrisVe
New Contributor

The category can be found at: Behaviors>Grocery & Alcoholic Beverages>2022 Grocery Shopping (Market Potential)

There are three sub categories:

2022 HH Spent $1-$99 in Average Week at Food Stores
2022 HH Spent $100-$149 in Average Week at Food Stores
2022 HH Spent $150+ in Average Week at Food Stores

In my study area, the data leaves 18.3% of households in the market area unaccounted for. I cannot image that roughly 4,740 households do not spend any money at food stores.

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@ChrisVe I'm working with our data team to help with your question. Can you please share details about your study area to help us investigate?

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Hi @ChrisVe Thank you for your patience while we have been folllowing up on your question for confirmation with our data provider. The percentage of households you are seeing that is not included in the group of 3 variables for spending at food stores can be considered unclassified, based on the structure of the survey question which is used to collect this data. The remaining percentage could align with the following situations for this particular question:

• Respondent did not fill out the survey question, so we are unsure how much their household spent at food stores.
  • Respondent’s household spent zero dollars at food stores, for various reasons.

For additional details on the methodology of this data set, you can refer to the Esri Market Potential resource. I hope this helps to clarify your question and thank you for using Business Analyst. 

0 Kudos